In this article we are going to discuss you about color shift spray paint. And we are going to answer for all your questions like what is color shift spray paint? On what surfaces can i use color shift spray paint? Can color shift spray paint be used with other paint products? We had answered for all the questions in below in a detailed manner. Keep on reading!
Color Shift Spray Paint
Imagine a color that changes depending on the light source. This is possible with Color Shift colors, which contain advanced light interference pigments. With a little movement, you can see the color-shifting effect from one color to the next. Color Shift paints provide a special effect to bikes, helmets, running boards, rims, skateboards and home decor items. They are ideal for surfaces such as ceramic, metal, glass and plastic.
On What Surfaces Can I Use Color Shift Paint?
Color Shift Acrylic Paint is a paint that can be applied to most craft surfaces, including wood, terra cotta, stretched canvas, rigid plastic, papier mache, metal, bisque ware or unglazed ceramics. It’s an indoor and outdoor paint. When painting with paint, it is important to use a smooth surface that will reflect light in order to get the best color shifting properties.
How Should I Prepare Surfaces Before Painting With Color Shift Spray Paint?
Color Shift Acrylic Paints does not require a lot of prep. The surface of the object must be clean before painting. Here’s how you should prepare individual surfaces:
- Wood: If desired, sand the surface before painting to make it smoother.
- Terra Cotta: To clean a terra cotta pot, first wipe it down with a cloth to remove any dust. If the pot has been used before, be sure to thoroughly clean it in warm soapy water to remove all dirt and dried residue. If you plan to use the terra cotta flower pot with a live plant, be sure to seal the interior before planting so water doesn’t seep through and potentially blister the exterior paint.
- Metal and Tinware: Wash the metal in warm soapy water, dry it off and then wipe it down with rubbing alcohol to remove any remaining grease or soap residue.
- Canvas: Painting on canvas is a very simple process that does not require any preparation beforehand.
- Rigid Plastic: Wipe the surface well with warm soapy water, rinse, and dry thoroughly. Apply rubbing alcohol to a cloth before wiping over the surface to remove any residual grease or soap residue.
- Papier Mache: Wipe the surface clean with a dry paper towel.
- Glass and Ceramics: Wash the surface well with warm soapy water, rinse, and allow to dry thoroughly. Wipe over the surface with rubbing alcohol to remove any remaining soap or grease residue.
- Bisque or Unglazed Ceramics: Wipe to remove dust or loose dirt.
NOTE: It is not recommended to use Color Shift paint on fabric because it will only absorb the paint and depending on the weave of the fabric, it may be too textured. You can try it at your own risk to see if you mind.
Can Color Shift Acrylic Paint Be Used With Other Paint Products?
Don’t mix it with other paint products as you’ll compromise the color, finish, and ability to shift colors. You can apply acrylic paint to an item by first coating it with regular paint. Let that dry and then paint over the top. I recommend this because it helps the Color Shift to “pop!” You can paint it directly over the dry acrylic paint or stencil it on top.
Color Shift Spray Paint Projects
1. Color Shift Spray Paint On Rocks
You can paint rocks with color shift paint, and then hide them in the bushes for someone to find who is lucky. The stars will be shining brightly in the sun.
2. Candlestick Candy Holders
Katie used these colorful candlesticks to make candy holders! These paintings are very cute for the holidays. I love the way she splattered paint on the top, too.
3. DIY Fidget Spinner
Making a spinner requires some assembly – you’ll just have to find out how by making one! This project looks really cool. Kids will love it.
4. Rainbow Cubby
This shelf is a great way to use all the colors in the color shift paint! I really enjoy all of them, it’s hard to choose just one.
5. Glitter Easter Eggs
What I love about this Easter egg project is that Color Shift was used underneath Glitterific (another product by Plaid) for a unique effect. When you look at the painting, you can see glitter on the top and paint that is shifting below.
6. Beaded Baby Mobile
The Pretty Life Girls used this paint to make a mobile! This project is fun because the beads spin around and show off the amazing paint effects in light.
7. Unicorn Vanity
You can use this paint on furniture, and it will look really cool! What kid wouldn’t love this in their bedroom? Heck – I might want unicorns in my craft room.
8. Mermaid Inspired Bracelet
Dotting paint is a great way to use this paint in small areas. This mermaid inspired bracelet looks amazing! Three shades were used to create the perfect look.
9. Glitter Notebook
This notebook is another example of using this paint with glitter. You need to try out the product so you can see how great it looks with and without.
10. Flower Pots
This is a really cool application of Color Shift. I plan to do a set of pottery for my windowsill. It looks awesome on clay pots, so I’m sure it will look great in my home. This product is a self-sealing container, which means that I can leave it outside without any worries.
Check Also: silver spray paint
Here, I have come to the end of the article on topic color shift spray paint. I tried my level best to include all the necessary points that are required related to the article. I do hope my article would be interesting and may be ever knowledgeable.